Four years of research, much of it in Japan, has gone into the creation of this book, making it the most comprehensive volume on its subject in English.
Included in its 192 lavishly illustrated pages are chapters on:
* The origins and history of this fascinating subject -
from ancient times to the present day.
* Its evolution as an art form, from medieval martial
art to modern erotic pleasure.
* Twenty five mini biographies of its most notable
artists and practitioners throughout the years.
* A photo gallery with 109 brand new and stunningly beautiful photographs by shibari artist and teacher
* For the first time in English, an extensive glossary
that describes and defines all of the classic kinbaku
ties used from the past to the present.
* A clearly illustrated "How-to" section showing you how to complete three of the most important ties
upon which many tying patterns are based.
* An extensive bibliography.